Meeting the health and wellbeing needs of individuals seeking asylum across Yorkshire and the Humber, Tuesday 16th March 1-3.30pm.
To raise awareness, provide information and facilitate joint working between agencies in order to better meet the health and wellbeing needs of individuals seeking asylum across Yorkshire and the Humber. The stakeholder resource developed by the Migrant Health Group which brings together a range of resources and guidance to support professionals across our region will also be shared.
Any organisation involved in the commissioning, planning or provision of healthcare to individuals seeking asylum. This will include CCGs, local authorities, primary care, voluntary and community organisations and social enterprises.
Speakers to include
- Expert by experience – there will be a speaker with lived experience of the asylum process
- Elaine Goodwin, National Homeless and Inclusion Health Nursing Lead, NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Dr Amy Stevens, Public Health Registrar, Doctors of the World and Bevan Healthcare CIC
- Sarah Sonne, National Development Manager and Rose McCarthy, Health Access for Refugees Programme (HARP), Refugee Council
- Mat Sidebottom, Nurse Consultant in Inclusion Health, Bevan Healthcare CIC
- Dr Lucy Chiddick, Clinical Lead for Vulnerable Groups, Hull CCG and GP in inclusion health, Leeds
You can register for the event here
This webinar was recorded please see below links.
See below agenda and presentations.
|Document Title||Publication Date|
|Agenda||18 March 2021|
|Dr Amy Stevens- The health needs of those seeking asylum – 16/03/2021||18 March 2021|
|Elaine Goodwin - Supporting the commissioning provision to meet the H&WB needs of asylum seekers - 16/03/2021||18 March 2021|
|Mat Sidebottom - The Bevan Healthcare primary care model - 16/03/2021||18 March 2021|
|Dr Suesanne Samara - Supporting primary care - 16/03/2021||18 March 2021|
|Emmanuel Serrano - Supporting primary care - 16/03/2021||18 March 2021|
|Dr Daniel Roper - Supporting primary care - 16/03/2021||18 March 2021|