Physical Activity Clinical Champions
PHE in Yorkshire and the Humber are offering FREE locally tailored training sessions for doctors, nurses and other interested health care professionals in primary and secondary care.
- PHE- trained facilitator
- Practical, interactive sessions based on the latest national and international data, research and evidence
- Flexible sessions offer groups of 20 and above with 1-2.5 hours of CPD material shown to increase clinician understanding, confidence and expertise for clinical practice.
Why consider physical activity
The UK has amongst the lowest levels of Physical activity, with almost 1 in 4 people defined as 'inactive'
In the UK, low levels of physical activity are responsible for:
- 1 in 6 deaths (equal to smoking)
- Up to 40% of many long-term conditions (e.g.diabetes)
- £7.4bn annual costs, including £0.9nb to the NHS
Why does this matter to you?
Very brief advice on physical activity from healthcare professionals has been shown to improve clinical outcomes. This training focuses on practical tips to easily integrate into every day clinical practice.
1 in 4 patients would be more active if advised by a GP or nurse. But as many as 72% of GP's do not speak about the benefits of physical activity to patients.
There are a lot of resources out there to help. This training covers many of these, including the new Chief Medical Officers 'infographic resource for health professionals.
A number of open sessions have been scheduled within Yorkshire and the Humber. Click on the links below to book your place online.