Vacancy - Policy Coordinator (Housing & Urban Design)
06 April 2023
Grade J| £34,356 pa
The role will be varied and you will work with colleagues across the wider team and organisation to support the Combined Authority and Mayor’s policy development work, particularly related to housing and urban design.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Coordination of policies and initiatives through the development of policy proposals, appraising strategy options and co-ordinating projects and initiatives.
- Provision of project management and technical support to the directorate.
- Working with a range of partners – e.g. local authorities, key stakeholders, government agencies and private sector organisations, this will include co-ordinating meetings and partnership groups
- Providing support and taking a proactive role in driving forward the Mayor’s dementia-ready housing task force, including actively seeking funding opportunities, coordinating a regional network of dementia champions and supporting the development of a West Yorkshire dementia-ready housing strategy
- Providing support to the Housing Policy Team across a range of work areas including the development of the West Yorkshire Housing Pipeline, delivery of the Homes England Strategic Place Partnership and monitoring of affordable housing delivery against the Mayor’s pledge
- Providing support to the One Public Estate Programme and Leadership Group.
Ownership of specific areas of work commensurate with the role grade.
For full details click the following link: Policy Coordinator (Housing & Urban Design) PSC/E7 - West Yorkshire Combined Authority (westyorks-ca.gov.uk)