The Sexual Health Community of Improvement is a defined strategic network that is jointly owned by Yorkshire and Humber Directors of Public Health (DsPH) Network and the Office for Health Improvement and Disparities (OHID). It is sponsored by the DsPH Network and OHID to establish a joint approach for the development of a work plan that will support the improvement of public health outcomes within Yorkshire and Humber.
The Community of Improvement is for Local Authority Commissioners across YH to collaborate with the aim of improving and reducing inequalities in Sexual and Reproductive Outcomes for our residents. Our objectives are;
- To work together to ensure sustainable effective and safe sexual health services across the region
- To work together to explore possible efficiencies from commissioning services/interventions on larger geographical footprints (region or sub-region)
- To work together to find solutions to shared commissioning challenges
- To provide the DsPH with a regional commissioner perspective on sexual health issues e.g. cross charging
- To provide a forum for engaging with wider partners; NHSE/I ,OHID, UKHSA, Service Providers
- To act as a learning network and pro-actively share good practice, evidence base, data and lessons learnt amongst forum members
The Sexual Health, Reproductive Health and HIV Knowledge Hub
The national sexual health, reproductive health and HIV (SHRHH) Knowledge Hub is hosted by the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA). This is an open group for anyone interested in sexual health, reproductive health and/or HIV in England such as commissioners, service providers, academics and the general public. It provides a space for sharing good practice, information, policy and guidance on a range of SHRHH topics and contains the following:
- Library - for sharing good practice from across the SHRHH system including local authorities, service providers, UKHSA and the Office for Health Disparities. The Library also contains other relevant documents that do not have an online hosting platform from which to download information.
- Events - Details of upcoming key SHRHH events are posted on the events calendar. We welcome users to send in items for consideration to be included within the library and/or events pages.
- Wiki - provides links to national SHRHH websites, guidance and policy and is a front door to accessing key resources.
To communicate with other Commissioners of SHRHH services, please register with the English HIV and Sexual Health Commissioners Group
For queries please contact:
CoI Chair: Amy Buddery, OHID Lead: Georgina Wilkinson
Link to Virtual Network: