Yorkshire & Humber HPT Response Cell
UKHSA Yorkshire and Humber Health Protection Team
Tel: 0113 386 0300
Webform: Click here
*** PLEASE READ ***
We thank you for your patience during this period of high demand. Enquiries related to an outbreak or incident requiring urgent public health advice will be prioritised and therefore, we may not be able to respond to all enquiries. Please be assured that your enquiry has been received and triaged.
If you are a registered medical practitioner within the Yorkshire and Humber area wanting to make a notification of infectious disease (NOID) to UK Health Security Agency Y&H Health Protection Team, please enter our online notification system via the secure link here
Please use the webform for the following purposes only:
1. To request a call back regarding an outbreak of a notifiable disease in your setting which has already been notified to the Yorkshire and Humber Health Protection team. You will need the HPZone reference for this.
2. To inform the UKHSA Health Protection Team of a new outbreak* of a notifiable disease in your setting
*An outbreak or incident may be defined in epidemiological terms as:
- an incident in which 2 or more people experiencing a similar illness are linked in time or place
- a greater than expected rate of infection compared with the usual background rate for the place and time where the outbreak has occurred
- 2 or more cases of diarrhoea or vomiting which are in the same classroom, shared communal areas or taking part in the same activities
- higher than usual number of people diagnosed with scabies
- higher than usual number of people with respiratory symptoms
These definitions should not be taken as a threshold for reporting or action.
In addition, please see following guidance; Health protection in education and childcare settings - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)